Montgomery County Public Libraries (MCPL) is offering online workshops and one-on-one sessions geared toward assisting job seekers and entrepreneurs throughout May. All workshops are free and offered virtually. An internet connection and a device (such as a smartphone, tablet or computer) are required for participation.
- Throughout May – Every Monday: 9:30-11:30 a.m. H.I.R.E. (Helping Individuals Reach Employment) Sessions. Sign up to meet virtually/confidentially one-on-one with a career counselor for advice and assistance with your job search. Register:
- Tuesday, May 17: 10-11:30 a.m. Introduction to Entrepreneurship. Workshop will cover the fundamentals of building a business and help determine if you are ready to become a small business owner. Presented in partnership with the Maryland Women’s Business Center. Register at https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/6540240.
- Tuesday/Thursday, May 17 and 19: 5:30-8 p.m. LinkedIn Boot Camp for 45-and-over Job Seekers (Sessions I and II). Two-session/two-day workshop focuses on both the mechanics and strategy of using LinkedIn as a tool to conduct a successful job search. Register at https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/5959831.
- Wednesday, May 18: 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. How to Apply for Jobs with Montgomery County Government. Find out you need to know about applying for jobs with Montgomery County Government. Register at https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/5822120.
- Purple Line Spotlight on Library Resources Series. In collaboration with the Prince George’s Memorial Library System and the Purple Line Corridor Coalition, MCPL is launching a new digital skills series, “The Purple Line Corridor to Success!” It will feature four sessions in May focused on Adult Education and Career Exploration:
- Wednesday, May 4: Noon-1:15 p.m. Purple Line: La conexión con el éxito: Udemy and Gale Courses. Presented in Spanish. Top-rated courses and training programs in the areas of entrepreneurship, project management, sales, technology, personal development and more! Register at https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/6340510.
- Wednesday, May 11: Noon-1:15 p.m. The Purple Line Corridor to Success: Career Online High School. An online flexible career-based high school diploma program available from the library. Register at https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/6340509.
- Tuesday, May 17: 6-7:15 p.m. The Purple Line Corridor to Success: LinkedIn Learning. LinkedIn Learning provides thousands of certification courses in technology and business. After completion, a certificate can be uploaded to your LinkedIn profile. Register at https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/6340838.
- Tuesday, May 24: 6-7:15 p.m. The Purple Line Corridor to Success: Brainfuse JobNow. Job Now provides live career coaching, award-winning resume creation tools and helpful tips and tricks for landing the perfect career. Register at https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/6341053.
For more information on any program, Contact: Adrienne Van Lare at [email protected].
“More Snow, Chance For Blizzards” – FOX5 “Big Winter” – NBC4 “More snow this winter than any other season over the last 5 years” – ABC7 “Above Average Snowfall For Entire DMV” –…
Per the Maryland Attorney General’s Office: Maryland Attorney General Anthony G. Brown has joined a coalition of 17 other Attorneys General supporting California’s efforts to restrict the capacity of firearms…
Per Montgomery County: “Montgomery County Executive Marc Elrich and the Montgomery County Council are recognizing the contributions of Civil Right legend Rosa Parks by proclaiming the month of December as…
Per MCPD: “Detectives from the Montgomery County Department of Police – Financial Crimes Section are investigating an identification fraud and attempted theft that occurred on Friday, November 24, 2023, at…