Per Montgomery County:
Workshops and one-on-one sessions geared toward assisting job seekers and entrepreneurs will be available throughout July. All workshops are free. Most are offered virtually. They are sponsored by Montgomery County Public Libraries.
- Throughout July – Every Monday: 9:30-11:30 a.m. I.R.E. (Helping Individuals Reach Employment) Sessions. Virtual*. Meet virtually/confidentially one-on-one with a career counselor for advice and assistance with your job search. Register for Monday, July 18, session at https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/6540238.
- Tuesday, July 19. 10-11:30 a.m. Introduction to Entrepreneurship. Virtual*. Maryland Women’s Business Center. Workshop will cover the fundamentals of building a business and help determine if you are ready to become a small business owner. Presented in partnership with the Maryland Women’s Business Center. Register at https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/6815992.
- Wednesday, July 20. 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. How to Apply for Jobs with Montgomery County Government. Virtual*. Learn about applying for jobs with Montgomery County Government. Register at https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/6789855.
In collaboration with Montgomery College, MCPL is debuting a new MC @ the Library series featuring this month:
- Thursday, July 21. 6-7 p.m. Paying for Education and Training. In-person. Wheaton Library, 11701 Georgia Ave., Silver Spring. How do you pay for education? Who is eligible to apply for financial aid? What forms are required for Federal, Maryland State and/or university and private sources of financial aid? Get answers and learn about funding options for credit and noncredit classes in this workshop. Register at https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/6790583.
- Thursday, July 28. 6-7 p.m. Career Exploration with Montgomery College. In person. Gaithersburg Library, 18330 Montgomery Village Ave., Gaithersburg. Whether you are a potential career switcher, seeking information about career options or making the connection between careers and academic programs of study, this workshop has you covered. Learn about Montgomery College resources to help make and implement well-conceived career plans. Register at https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/6820660.
In collaboration with the Prince George’s County Memorial Library System and the Purple Line Corridor Coalition, MCPL is offering a new series: “The Purple Line Corridor to Success!” Four sessions in July will feature tools available from the library to help customers acquire or sharpen basic digital literacy skills:
- Wednesday, July 13. 12-1:15 p.m. Udemy & Gale Courses. Virtual*. Free online learning platforms offered by MCPL. Learn how to access them and take advantage of top-rated courses in the areas of entrepreneurship, marketing, project management, sales, accounting, technology, personal development and more. Register at https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/6680571.
- Wednesday, July 20. 6- 7:15 p.m. GCF Learn Free. Virtual*. Provides tutorials in English and Spanish on beginning and intermediate technology topics, including how to use electronic devices like iPads, androids and more. Register at https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/6805182.
- Wednesday, July 27; 6-7:15 p.m. Digital Learn. Virtual*. An online resource that helps learners tackle technology at their own pace, develop digital literacy skills and gain the confidence needed to succeed at work. Register at https://mcpl.libnet.info/event/6805205.
* An internet connection and a device (such as a smartphone, tablet or computer) are required for participation.
For more information about programs, contact Adrienne van Lare at [email protected]
The Heights Food Hall at Wisconsin Place in Chevy Chase has announced it will open on Monday, December 11th.
According to the St. Mary’s County Sheriff’s Office (SMCSO) in Southern MD, emergency personnel arrived on the scene of a crash involving a horse and buggy and a vehicle on…
Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Services (MCFRS) responded to a call for a fire at a single family home on the 25300 block of Oak Drive in Damascus at approximately…
Maryland State Police are seeking public assistance as investigators work to identify a man who reportedly fled the scene of a traffic crash that occurred in Montgomery County Friday afternoon.
SATURDAY 12/9/23 Join us for the ultimate year-end celebration of art, vintage finds, and fashion at CNXN.WORLD's Art & Vintage Event! Sponsored by So What Else, Inc. We will be hosting a hygiene product drive as well! Please bring items like soap, toothpaste, shampoo, deodorant, and more to donate and make a difference. Sign up for a chance to WIN a $40 credit you can use towards any purchase at the event! We've got food, drinks, and more prizes during the event! Vendor Lineup: @thefoundrymd @poetic_sole @on2thenext_vntg @fleetwoodmarket @anatething @bimdayz @thriftlifeadvintage @yester_dayz @bratty_couture @camryncurtiss @crushthrifts @888deadgirl @ken_blendz @misfitbodega @mando.nc @mozartsthriftshop @seamslikenew @skuffstore @the.crucial.cookie @sowhatelsehelps Saturday, December 9th, 20231:30 PM to 6:00 PM4924 Wyaconda Rd, North Bethesda, MD 20852. See you there!