Per Montgomery County:
Early voting in Montgomery County for the 2022 General Election has started and will be available at 14 early voting centers from 7 a.m.-8 p.m. daily, including Saturday and Sunday, through Thursday, Nov. 3. Election Day is Tuesday, Nov. 8. Any person registered to vote can vote during early voting. Any person eligible to register to vote can vote can also vote during early voting. Registered voters have always been able to vote during early voting, but now individuals who are eligible—but not yet registered—can register and vote.
To register and vote during early voting, go to an early voting center in the county where you live and bring a document that proves where you live. This document can be your MVA-issued license, ID card, a change of address card, a paycheck, a bank statement, a utility bill or other government document with your name and new address. You will be able to register to vote and vote. Voting during early voting is the same as voting on election day. When you get to the early voting center, check in to vote and then vote.
There will be instructions available at the early voting centers to familiarize you with the ballot. You may ask an election judge to explain how to vote, but must cast your vote alone—unless you are unable to do so because you have a disability or are unable to read or write the English language.
Montgomery County Department of Transportation (MCDOT) Ride On bus service, combing in some areas with Metro bus service, has several routes available to transport voters to the early voting centers located throughout the County.
More information about Early Voting Centers is available at Montgomery County Board of Elections: 2022 Early Voting Sites (montgomerycountymd.gov).
The Early Voting Centers, and the corresponding Montgomery County Ride On and Metrobus routes that will serve early voting centers:
- Activity Center at Bohrer: Ride On route 59 (closest)
- Bauer Drive Community Recreation Center: Ride On route 48
- Damascus Community Recreation Center: Ride On route 90
- Executive Office Building: Ride On routes 44, 46, 47, 54, 56
- Germantown Community Recreation Center: Ride On route 98
- Jane E. Lawton Community Recreation Center: Ride On route 34 (closest)
- Marilyn J. Praisner Community Recreation Center: Metrobus routes Z6 and Z7
- Mid-County Community Recreation Center: Ride On routes 26, 39 and 49
- Nancy H. Dacek North Potomac Community Rec. Center: Ride On route 301
- Potomac Community Recreation Center: Ride On route 37
- Sandy Spring Volunteer Fire Station: Ride On routes 52 and 53 / Metrobus routes Y2 and Y8
- Silver Spring Civic Building: Ride On routes 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 19 / Metrobus route F4
- Wheaton Library & Community Recreation Center: Ride on routes 9 and 31 / Metrobus routes Y2, Y7 and Y8
- White Oak Community Recreation Center: Ride on route 10 / Metrobus routes Z6 and Z8 (closest)
Fare collection resumed on all Montgomery County buses on Aug. 1. The one-way pre-pandemic fare, which was $2 per ride, is now $1. Monthly passes, which were $45 per rider, are now $22.50
Montgomery County seniors, members of the disability community and students can ride County Ride On buses for free if they qualify for a Senior SmartTrip Card, Metro Disability Card or a Youth Cruiser Card.
Riders can plan trips online with Ride On Real Time.
Montgomery County police responded to Westfield Wheaton Mall (11160 Veirs Mill Rd) for the report of a barricaded person inside of JC Penney on Wednesday, December 6.
Per the Maryland State’s Attorney’s Office: “The Office of the Attorney General announced today the end of the temporary suspension of Zainab Chaudry from her position on the Maryland Commission…
A $50,000 winning PICK 5 ticket sold last remains unclaimed as of December 6, according to the Maryland Lottery.
Join us this Saturday at 12:30pm for a Tacky Sweater Holiday Party in the Jingle Lounge at Westfield Montgomery Mall (7101 Democracy Blvd) in Bethesda! We’ll be popping up at…
SATURDAY 12/9/23 Join us for the ultimate year-end celebration of art, vintage finds, and fashion at CNXN.WORLD's Art & Vintage Event! Sponsored by So What Else, Inc. We will be hosting a hygiene product drive as well! Please bring items like soap, toothpaste, shampoo, deodorant, and more to donate and make a difference. Sign up for a chance to WIN a $40 credit you can use towards any purchase at the event! We've got food, drinks, and more prizes during the event! Vendor Lineup: @thefoundrymd @poetic_sole @on2thenext_vntg @fleetwoodmarket @anatething @bimdayz @thriftlifeadvintage @yester_dayz @bratty_couture @camryncurtiss @crushthrifts @888deadgirl @ken_blendz @misfitbodega @mando.nc @mozartsthriftshop @seamslikenew @skuffstore @the.crucial.cookie @sowhatelsehelps Saturday, December 9th, 20231:30 PM to 6:00 PM4924 Wyaconda Rd, North Bethesda, MD 20852. See you there!