This article has been updated to reflect that homeowners that have already filled out the one-time application will not need to reapply.
Per Montgomery County: A recent Maryland law requires Montgomery County homeowners to have an application on file with the State for a “Homestead Tax Credit” to continue to receive a $692 County “Income Tax Offset Credit” (ITOC) on their annual property tax bills.
Many homeowners have already filled out the one-time application, but those who have not will lose the ITOC.
How can I find out if I need to fill out the one-time application to keep my ITOC?
- Go to the County webpage that shows the link and what screens to look for (it can be confusing so look at the images on that page). Go to www.Montgomerycountymd.gov/finance/ITOC.
- The County webpage has a link to the State page that has the information.
- At the State webpage, there are three steps:
- A screen where to select your county and the search method (choose “street address”).
- A second screen to enter your house number and your street address.
- A third screen with information about your house. Scroll to the bottom and look for “Homestead Application Status.” If it says “Approved” and has a date, you are finished.
What if I go through the above steps and my address does not have “Approved” with a date?
- Fill out an application at https://sdathtc.dat.maryland.gov/ or print a paper application available at the website and mail it in.
- Important note: You cannot fill out the application online without an access code. You may have recently received a letter from the State with the access code, but if you did not, you will need to email [email protected] to get an access code. The subject line of your email should be: “Online Homestead Application Access.” You must include your full name, your county (Montgomery) and your full address. Once you have received the access code, you can fill out the application online.
- A paper application does not need an access code but may take longer to process.
MoCo High School Sports Scores for Dec 08, 2023 (powered by www.MoCoAI.com):
Earlier this year we let you know that Planet Fitness announced it will be opening new locations at 6881 New Hampshire Ave. in Takoma Park (now open) and 2201 Randolph Rd….
We have a Flood Watch in effect from Sunday afternoon through late Sunday night for SE Montgomery County, DC, SE Howard County, Prince George’s County and most of Northern Va….
Thai Cottage Bistro is now open at 9613-G Medical Center Dr in Rockville, taking over the space that was previously home to Oishii Bluefin.
SATURDAY 12/9/23 Join us for the ultimate year-end celebration of art, vintage finds, and fashion at CNXN.WORLD's Art & Vintage Event! Sponsored by So What Else, Inc. We will be hosting a hygiene product drive as well! Please bring items like soap, toothpaste, shampoo, deodorant, and more to donate and make a difference. Sign up for a chance to WIN a $40 credit you can use towards any purchase at the event! We've got food, drinks, and more prizes during the event! Vendor Lineup: @thefoundrymd @poetic_sole @on2thenext_vntg @fleetwoodmarket @anatething @bimdayz @thriftlifeadvintage @yester_dayz @bratty_couture @camryncurtiss @crushthrifts @888deadgirl @ken_blendz @misfitbodega @mando.nc @mozartsthriftshop @seamslikenew @skuffstore @the.crucial.cookie @sowhatelsehelps Saturday, December 9th, 20231:30 PM to 6:00 PM4924 Wyaconda Rd, North Bethesda, MD 20852. See you there!