Per Montgomery County: The nature centers of Montgomery Parks have a calendar loaded with special events of many interests in July. Among the highlight are a history of Boyds kayak tour, “Full Moon Fridays” and “Something Awesome.”
The nature center schedule of special events in July will include:
- Something Awesome. Saturdays. July 8, 23, 29. 1-4 p.m. (July 8); 1:30-4:30 p.m. (July 23); Noon-4 p.m. (July 29). Black Hill Nature Programs, 20926 Lake Ridge Drive, Boyds. Celebrate nature with awesome family activities and let curiosity be your guide with this self-led program. All ages. Free.
- Park in the Dark. Friday, July 14. 8:30-9:30 p.m. Brookside Nature Center, 1400 Glenallan Avenue, Wheaton. Find out who is out and about in Wheaton Regional Park after dark. Ages 5 and older. Registration required. $7.
- Common Garden Pests and Diseases. Saturday, July 15. 10 a.m.-noon. Live Zoom event. Learn to recognize plant disease symptoms and conditions and how and when to apply organic or chemical treatments. Also, learn to distinguish between harmful and beneficial insects and their life cycles, as well as natural, biological and chemical controls. Led by Carol Allen, University of Maryland Department of Plant Sciences. Ages 18 and older. Registration required. $12.
- Kindness Rocks. Saturday, July 15. 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Meadowside Nature Center, 5100 Meadowside Lane, Rockville. Observe World Rock Day by creating kindness rocks with pictures and inspirational messages. Place one rock along a hiking trail and make another to take home. All ages. Registration required. $8.
- Sprinklers, Bubbles & Rainbows. Saturday, July 15. 1-4 p.m. Black Hill Nature Programs, 20926 Lake Ridge Drive, Boyds. Dance and run through sprinklers. Make bubbles with giant bubble wands. Splash in water play stations. Summer water fun for the whole family. All ages. Registration required. Free.
- Moth Night. Saturday, July 15. 11 p.m.-2 a.m. Black Hill Nature Programs, 20926 Lake Ridge Drive, Boyds. Go mothing at Black Hill. Registration is required but participants can drop in anytime during the program hours. Ages 12 and older. Registration required. $14 ($13 Friends of Black Hill).
- Creek Critter Search. Thursday, July 20. 1:30-2:20 p.m. Maydale Nature Classroom, 1638 Maydale Drive, Colesville. Splash in the creek and see what is swimming, diving and living in the creek. Children must be accompanied by an adult. Registration required. Ages 6–10. $4.
- Campfire Cookout: Fire and Ice. Saturday, July 20 6-7 p.m. Maydale Nature Classroom, 1638 Maydale Drive, Colesville. Enjoy a summer evening around the campfire with family and friends while taking in the sights and sounds of nature. Registration required. Ages 3 and older. $6.
- Play Day in the Park. Friday, July 21. 11 a.m.-noon. Black Hill Nature Programs, 20926 Lake Ridge Drive, Boyds. For toddlers of all ages and abilities. but materials are geared toward children ages 1 to 3. Registration required. Free.
Barra Brava Cevicheria Peruana recently opened its second location in the space that was previously home to Old Hickory Grill at 15420 Old Columbia Pike B in Burtonsville (first look…
MoCo High School Sports Scores for Dec 08, 2023 (powered by www.MoCoAI.com):