Four individual PICK 5 tickets each worth $25,000 ($100,000 total) were sold recently at the Shell Station/Dunkin at 700 Gaither Road in the King Farm neighborhood of Rockville. This same retailer also sold a $10,000 winning PICK 5 ticket on July 10. Additional big winners in Montgomery County last week included a $50,000 ticket sold July 16 at Williams Beer & Wine (15440 Old Columbia Pike) in Burtonsville and a $10,000 winning scratch off sold at Kingsview Beer and Wine (13406 Kingsview Village Avenue) in Germantown. Full list of winners across the state of Maryland below courtesy of MD Lottery:
The Powerball and Mega Millions jackpots continue to climb. Since there were no jackpot winners, the Powerball jackpot grew over the weekend to $900 million and Mega Millions has reached $640 million. The combined total is more than $1.5 billion. Meanwhile, six players in Maryland hit third-tier, five-digit prizes on the two multi-state jackpot games in the past week in Baltimore, Bowie, Columbia, Jessup, Rockville and Waldorf.
Powerball has a total of nine prize tiers. Matching all five white balls without the red Powerball is good for a $1 million prize, and matching four of the five white balls plus the Powerball is good for $50,000, so it’s always worth checking those tickets, even if there’s no jackpot winner. Powerball drawings are conducted at 10:59 p.m. every Monday, Wednesday and Saturday.
Mega Millions also has nine prize tiers. All five balls with no Mega Ball pays $1 million (like Powerball), and a match on four of five regular balls plus the Mega Ball pays $10,000, also regardless of whether there is a jackpot winner.
Mega Millions drawings are at 11 p.m. every Tuesday and Friday.
In all, 40 tickets worth $10,000 or more were sold or redeemed in the seven days ending July 16, and the Lottery paid nearly $28.5 million in prizes during that span.
Winners of prizes larger than $25,000 must redeem their tickets at the Maryland Lottery Claims Center in Baltimore, which is open by appointment only. Prizes of up to $5,000 can be claimed at any of more than 400 Expanded Cashing Authority Program (XCAP) locations. All Maryland Lottery retailers are authorized to redeem tickets up to and including $600. More information is available on the How To Claim page of mdlottery.com.
Here is the weekly roundup of big winners:
Scratch-off Prizes Claimed July 10-16:
· $50,000 Cash, Kaddy Mart, 426 West Market Street, Snow Hill
· Gold X20, Wawa #555-E, 668 South Salisbury Boulevard, Salisbury
· Million Dollar Mega Multiplier, Zip In Mart, 6801 Livingston Road, Oxon Hill
· Ultimate Cash, Royal Farms #001-E, 2620 Mountain Road, Joppa
· In the Money, Annapolis Wine & Spirits, 1307 Forest Drive, Annapolis
- 50 Years!, Waldorf Liquors, 2276 Crain Highway, Waldorf
- Bingo X10 6th Edition, Riggs Grocery Store, 5405 Kenilworth Avenue, Riverdale
- Hot 7s Multiplier, Halfway Liquors, 17438 Virginia Avenue, Hagerstown
- Hot 7s Multiplier, Olney Shell, 18040 Georgia Avenue, Olney
- Lucky Times 10, Elkridge Marathon, 6315 Washington Boulevard, Elkridge
- Million Dollar Mega Multiplier, Valero of Emmitsburg, 16603 South Seaton Avenue, Emmitsburg
- Money Bag Multiplier, Royal Farms #083-E, 101 North Salisbury Avenue, Salisbury
- Ultimate Cash, Kingsview Beer and Wine, 13406 Kingsview Village Avenue, Germantown
FAST PLAY and Draw Game Tickets Sold for Drawings July 10-16:
· $50,000 ticket sold July 16 at Williams Beer & Wine, 15440 Old Columbia Pike, Burtonsville (unclaimed as of July 17)
· $100,000 Winfall Doubler ticket sold July 11 at Pisgah General Store, 7015 Poorhouse Road, Indian Head (claimed)
· $50,000 Double Win ticket sold July 13 at 7-Eleven #36161, 125 East Main Street, Frostburg (unclaimed as of July 17)
· $10,010 ticket sold July 11 at Perry Hall BP, 8809 Belair Road, Perry Hall (claimed)
· $20,000 ticket sold July 10 at High’s #062, 2861 Jessup Road, Jessup (unclaimed as of July 17)
· $10,000 ticket sold July 14 at Crescent Wine & Beer, 15501 Annapolis Road, Bowie (unclaimed as of July 17)
· $10,000 ticket sold July 12 at 7-Eleven #38943, 2355 Crain Highway, Waldorf (unclaimed as of July 17)
· $10,000 ticket sold July 10 at 7-Eleven #38648, 10730 Little Patuxent Parkway, Columbia (unclaimed as of July 17)
· $10,000 ticket sold July 10 at E&C Mid Atlantic 700 Gaither Road, Rockville (claimed)
· $50,000 ticket sold July 14 at Royal Farms #048, 4045 Wilkens Avenue, Baltimore (unclaimed as of July 17)
- One $50,000 ticket and one $25,000 ticket, worth a total of $75,000, both sold July 10 at Hyattsville Convenience Store, 2230 University Boulevard East, Hyattsville (both claimed)
- $50,000 ticket sold July 16 at Starting Gate Liquors, 3495 Laurel – Fort Meade Road, Laurel (unclaimed as of July 17)
- Four $25,000 tickets worth a total of $100,000 sold July 16 at E&C Mid Atlantic #709, 700 Gaither Road, Rockville (all unclaimed as of July 17)
- $17,382 ticket sold July 15 at Ridgely Liquors, 1752 York Road, Lutherville (unclaimed as of July 17)
- $15,760 ticket sold July 16 at Horseshoe Pub, 12627 Belair Road, Kingsville (unclaimed as of July 17)
- $15,246 ticket sold July 15 at Boatman’s Mini Mart, 41106 Oakville Road, Mechanicsville (unclaimed as of July 17)
The Maryland Lottery encourages players to check their tickets by scanning them at any Lottery retailer or with the Lottery’s mobile apps. Draw game winners have 182 days from the date of a drawing to claim their prizes, and scratch-off winners have 182 days from the announced end-of-game date.
Since its inception in 1973, the Maryland Lottery has awarded more than $31.5 billion in prizes to players and generated more than $18.6 billion in Lottery revenue to the State of Maryland. One of Maryland’s largest revenue sources, the Lottery supports important state programs and services including education, public safety and health, human resources and the environment. For more information, visit mdlottery.com. The Maryland Lottery strongly encourages responsible play. Maryland residents can obtain confidential help with a gambling problem at no cost by visiting mdgamblinghelp.org or calling 1-800-GAMBLER.
Time Square Jewelers at 100 Gibbs St Unit E in Rockville has announced it will be closing on December 23, 2023.
Takoma Park Police has announced that following a thorough investigation of a bomb threat at a drag event that was being held at Motorkat on the 6900 block of Laurel…
Detectives from the Special Victims Investigations Division (SVID) is asking for the public’s assistance in locating Genesis Flores, a missing 13-year-old from Silver Spring.
Earlier this year we let you know that Planet Fitness announced it will be opening new locations at 6881 New Hampshire Ave. in Takoma Park (now open) and 2201 Randolph Rd….
SATURDAY 12/9/23 Join us for the ultimate year-end celebration of art, vintage finds, and fashion at CNXN.WORLD's Art & Vintage Event! Sponsored by So What Else, Inc. We will be hosting a hygiene product drive as well! Please bring items like soap, toothpaste, shampoo, deodorant, and more to donate and make a difference. Sign up for a chance to WIN a $40 credit you can use towards any purchase at the event! We've got food, drinks, and more prizes during the event! Vendor Lineup: @thefoundrymd @poetic_sole @on2thenext_vntg @fleetwoodmarket @anatething @bimdayz @thriftlifeadvintage @yester_dayz @bratty_couture @camryncurtiss @crushthrifts @888deadgirl @ken_blendz @misfitbodega @mando.nc @mozartsthriftshop @seamslikenew @skuffstore @the.crucial.cookie @sowhatelsehelps Saturday, December 9th, 20231:30 PM to 6:00 PM4924 Wyaconda Rd, North Bethesda, MD 20852. See you there!