The Maryland Lottery has announced that Montgomery County’s first sportsbook is now open at Sports & Social (11800 Grand Park Ave) in Pike & Rose. Sports & Social opened in August 2021 and describes itself as a “premier dining, entertainment, sports viewing, and social concept located in high-profile entertainment and lifestyle districts, world-class casino resort destinations, and at the front door of professional sports stadiums around the country.” Additional details below.
The Maryland Lottery and Gaming Control Commission (MLGCC) today issued a sports wagering facility license to Whitman Gaming, Inc., and its operator partner FanDuel, for a retail sportsbook operating at Sports & Social in North Bethesda.
On Aug. 29 and Aug. 31, Whitman Gaming and FanDuel successfully completed controlled demonstrations at Sports & Social. Customers participated in live wagering as Maryland Lottery and Gaming staff ensured that the sportsbook complied with all required procedures and that its systems functioned properly.
Sports & Social in North Bethesda becomes the 12th retail sportsbook location to open in Maryland. The other 11 are:
- Bingo World in Brooklyn Park
- Greenmount Station in Hampstead
- The Greene Turtle in Canton
- Hollywood Casino in Perryville
- Horseshoe Casino in Baltimore
- Live! Casino in Hanover
- Long Shot’s in Frederick
- Maryland Stadium Sub at FedEx Field in Landover
- MGM National Harbor in Oxon Hill
- Ocean Downs Casino in Berlin
- Riverboat on the Potomac in Charles County
There are currently 12 mobile/online sportsbooks operating in Maryland:
- Barstool Sportsbook (operator for PENN Maryland/Hollywood Casino in Perryville)
- Betfred Sportsbook (operator for Long Shot’s in Frederick)
- BetMGM (operator for BetMGM Maryland Sports/MGM National Harbor in Oxon Hill)
- betParx (operator for Greenmount Station in Hampstead)
- BetRivers (operator for Arundel Amusements/Bingo World in Brooklyn Park)
- Caesars Sportsbook (operator for CZR Maryland Mobile Opportunity/Horseshoe Casino in Baltimore)
- Crab Sports
- DraftKings (Crown MD Online Gaming)
- Fanatics Sportsbook (operator for Maryland Stadium Sub, LLC)
- FanDuel (operator for PPE Maryland Mobile/Live! Casino and Hotel in Hanover)
- PointsBet (operator for Riverboat on the Potomac in Charles County)
- SuperBook (SBOpco, LLC)
Additional mobile operators and retail locations are expected to launch in the near future. In Fiscal Year 2023 (July 1, 2022 through June 30, 2023), sports wagering contributed $25,258,639 to the Blueprint for Maryland’s Future Fund, which supports public education programs. An additional $2,091,753 in expired sports wagering prizes were paid to the Maryland Problem Gambling Fund, which supports responsible gambling programs, including no-cost counseling for Maryland residents.
Featured image courtesy of Sports & Social on Facebook.
Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Services (MCFRS) have responded to several collisions on University Blvd E in the area of E. Indian Spring Dr. due to icy road conditions,m around…
There are multiple collisions on Tuesday evening that have been affecting traffic across the county. A list of some, courtesy of Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Services (MCFRS) can be…
Per the City of Takoma Park: “Library Renovation construction continues to build momentum! The first few trees have been removed due to spatial limitations on the project site.
Kimco is hosting the Kentlands Market Square Holiday Kickoff on Saturday, December 9th from 11am until 3pm.