Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Services (MCFRS) responded to the outer loop of I-495 between Connecticut Ave and Rockville Pike, in the area of Cedar Lane, for the report of a jackknifed tractor with fuel spill on Saturday, September 23, around 8am. According to the Montgomery County Office of Emergency Management & Homeland Security, this will be an extended incident and drivers should seek an alternate route if possible.
Chief Spokesperson for MCFRS Pete Piringer also reported the following collisions between 7-8:30am:
- SB I270 between Route 28 and Montrose Rd, collision
- Georgia Avenue & University Blvd. West, collision
- EB MD200 ICC Between Route 29 & I95/PGCo line, collision, vehicle hit Jersey wall and went off road into woods/trees
- OL I495 beltway between University Boulevard and Colesville Road, collision
- SB I270 between I370 and Shady Grove, Road, collision, single vehicle
- Clara Barton Parkway and MacArthur Boulevard, collision, light pole/traffic control system damaged
- IL I495 beltway between University Boulevard and New Hampshire Ave., collision
TRAFFIC ADVISORY: A traffic collision on the outer loop of I-495 has all but one lane closed between Connecticut Avenue and Rockville Pike. Drivers are advised to seek an alternate route. Expect significant delays. #mcpd #mcpnews pic.twitter.com/vfw2Zt18c5
— Montgomery County Department of Police (@mcpnews) September 23, 2023
Back in August, we reported that Jared The Galleria Of Jewelry closed its Rockville Pike (12101 Rockville Pike) location with a sign on the door stating that the store is…
Montgomery County Police and Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Services responded to a collision in the 3600 block of Spruell Drive in Wheaton on Tuesday, November 28.
John F. Kennedy High School Student, Tessa Miller, has won a spot in the Londontowne Symphony Orchestra’s Young Artist Concerto Competition.
With the unemployment rate at 3.9% and labor force participation at the highest level since the onset of the pandemic, the personal-finance website WalletHub today released its report on 2023’s…