The City of Gaithersburg’s Winter Lights Festival is getting ready to welcome visitors for another spectacular season. The wondrous display of lights at Seneca Creek State Park will be open nightly November 25 through December 31. The festival is closed on December 25 and last entry for December 24 & 31 is 8:30 p.m. The 3.5 mile drive through the enchanted setting of Seneca Creek State Park takes you past more than 450 illuminated displays and beautifully lit trees that light up the night. The park is located at 11950 Clopper Road, conveniently accessible from I-270.
Advanced purchase of tickets is required and one ticket is required per vehicle and pricing/additional information can be seen below:
- Monday – Thursday: $15
- Friday – Sunday: $25
- 15+ Passenger Vehicles: $30
Before you leave your home:
- Check traffic to estimate your wait time. WTOP provides traffic updates and WAZE & Apple Maps provide estimated travel times.
- Make sure you have plenty of fuel in your gas tank.
- Bring a car phone charger, especially for mobile ticketholders.
- Use the restroom before leaving home; port-a-johns are located just beyond the park entrance & in the admissions booth loop.
- Bring snacks & drinks, or grab dinner on the way to enjoy in your vehicle.
During your trip to the Festival:
- Arrive early & as close to 5:30 p.m. as possible.
- Follow all traffic laws; do not block intersections.
- Have your tickets ready as soon as you enter the park.
During your visit:
- For your own safety & to keep traffic moving, do NOT exit your vehicle and do NOT stop along the route.
- Tune in to 97.1 WASH FM for holiday music.
- Enjoy this special holiday memory with your loved ones. Happy Holidays!