3 Pets Perish, Family Displaced in Derwood Fire

by MCS Staff

3 Pets Perish, Family Displaced in Derwood Fire

A fire at the Mallard Cove complex on Needwood Rd in Derwood caused approximately $125k in damages this morning.

The area of origin appears to be an appliance plugged in to an electrical outlet on the kitchen counter.

Sadly, 2 cats and 1 dog did not survive the fire, but MCFRS was able to resuscitate 1 dog which was taken to the vet.

Two adults and two children were displaced.

A GoFundMe was created to help with vet bills as their surviving dog fights for its life.

Information courtesy of MCFRS PIO, Pete Piringer

Video available here.


You may also like

1 comment

cindy May 24, 2021 - 11:22 am

I’m so sorry for your pet loss, I have 2 cats; can’t imagine; thank god your family is safe; not sure of your current situation living needs; I have a queen Ann end table and lamp I can donate and if you other needs e.g. for the kids please advise.


Leave a Comment


This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

Privacy & Cookies Policy