Per the City of Gaithersburg: Dust off your dirndl, grab your lederhosen and get ready to Prost! The 29th annual celebration of Oktoberfest is on Sunday, October 9, 2022, from noon to 5 p.m. The festival takes place in & around the Arts Barn, Kentlands Mansion & Kentlands Village Green and along Main Street & Inspiration Lane. Admission & parking are free. Free wheelchair accessible shuttle service will run regularly during festival hours to and from satellite parking at 101 Orchard Ridge Drive, just off of Quince Orchard Road.
Experience a taste of Germany right in your own backyard with performances by the ever-popular Alte Kameraden German Band & Alt-Washingtonia Bavarian Dancers. Savor traditional festival food while enjoying selections from local microbreweries. Fall festivities include professional pumpkin carving & apple cider pressing demonstrations, fun inflatables, hands-on crafts, pumpkin & face painting, balloon twisting, bubbles, artists & crafters, family activities, & strolling entertainers. Enjoy three stages of live entertainment featuring a variety of bands, stroll through the business expo, and explore restaurants and retail establishments within the Kentlands. Please note some activities have a nominal fee. Note that no unauthorized alcoholic beverages, scooters, skateboards, roller blades, bicycles, or weapons, real or facsimile, are permitted at the Festival. Licensed & leashed pets are permitted in the Festival but not encouraged due to large crowds & noisy environments.
Kentlands Old Farm
- Noon – 5 p.m. – Alte Kameraden Band & Alt-Washingtonia Bavarian Dancers
- Dogfish Head Alehouse – Featuring 60 Minute IPA, Namaste, Punkin Ale & a selection of wine (21+ only. Valid ID required.)
- True Respite Brewing Company – Featuring “Bear” Helles, “Garden” Hazy IPA, “Lagerhosen” Marzen & “Pumpkin Spice Latte” Imperial Milk Stout (21+ only. Valid ID required.)
- Main Food Court – Authentic German fare & other delicious options:
- The Swiss Bakery, Little Austria, Papa’s Kettle Korn, Festival Concessions, Tasty Creations, Sherri’s Crab Cakes, Pop-Up Poutine & Patisserie, Memaw’s Table, J&G Concession, Nut n Better & Bangin’ BBQ
Kentlands Mansion Area
|12 PM||The Breakaways|
|2:30 PM||Eli Lev Band|
- Kentlands Mansion Sensory Zone – Stop by if your kids need a break from the loud crowds to recharge in a quiet area filled with sensory toys & children’s music playing at a low volume.
- Food Vendors – AJ Fryers, Dizzy Cow Pizzeria, Snowie of DMV & Pacha Mama Juice Co.
- Kids Activities including hands on craft activities, interactive bubbles & balloon twisting, inflatables including a giant obstacle course. Pumpkin Painting Fundraiser for the Gaithersburg Student Union ($).
- Artisan Square & Briscoe Street – Delight in handmade crafts, including jewelry, pottery, accessories & more. Learn about nonprofit organizations providing valuable services to our community, political organizations & local candidates.
|2:30 PM||Chasing Autumn|
- Food Vendors – Bliman Kitchen, Johnson Family Funnel Cakes, Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream, Enchanted Clouds & Grandma Kona
- Beer Vendors – Lone Oak Farm Brewing Company, Saints Row Brewing, True Respite Brewing Company & Waredaca Brewing Company (21+ only. Valid ID required.)
- Free Paint & Sip classes
- Pumpkin Carving Demos – Amazing artistic pumpkins created all day long
- Inflatables & Rock Climbing Wall
- Chalk Art – Get creative on the streets with chalk
- Apple Pressing – Try out the apple press
- Kids Craft Activities
- Business Expo on Main & Inspiration Streets featuring Kentlands & area businesses – giveaways, activities, shopping, prizes, raffles & more