Apartment Fire in Montgomery Village Causes Extensive Damage
An apartment fire at 9906 Walker House Rd in Montgomery Village on Monday evening caused an estimated $500,000 in damages.
2nd Alarm apartment building fire, Walker House Rd, Montgomery Village, Gaithersburg https://t.co/UllS5CVxyc
— Pete Piringer (@mcfrsPIO) March 22, 2021
It is believed the fire started due to a malfunctioning electrical outlet on the first floor of the building.
According to WTOP, a total of nine adults, eight children, and several pets were displaced. They are currently receiving assistance from the Red Cross.
Update – 9906 Walker House Rd, Montgomery Village; 3-sty apt bldg (6 apt units); Cause, electrical (outlet/wiring); Area of Origin, terrace level apt, living room behind sofa; Damage ~$500K; 9 adults, 6 kids, a few pets displaced; 1 civilian resident injured/smoke inhalation, NLT https://t.co/q99TNti1h4 pic.twitter.com/S2uAdW3NqG
— Pete Piringer (@mcfrsPIO) March 23, 2021
Photos courtesy Pete Piringer