Biz Journals recently released a list of D.C. area banks that have proposed to close. Below you’ll see the Montgomery County locations that are on the list, some of which have already closed:
- Capital One: 8676 Georgia Ave., Silver Spring
- Capital One: 8740 Arliss St., Silver Spring
- Capital One: 4708 Bethesda Ave., Bethesda
- Capital One: 812 Muddy Branch Road, Gaithersburg
- Wells Fargo: 3852 International Drive, Silver Spring
- TD Bank: 350 Gude Drive, Rockville
- Capitol Bank: 6000 Executive Blvd., Suite 101, North Bethesda
Chase Bank has proposed two new Montgomery Counry locations. One near River Road and Falls Road, and one in the old Meixin location on Rockville Pike.
According to BizJournals, The branch count in the region is the lowest it’s been at any point since 1998, according to data released by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. this fall.
“the old Meixin location on Rockville Pike.” This section of MD Route 355 is still known as Hungerford Drive according to the street signs and maps.
Yes! That’s the spot.