Barbershops and Salons Now Allowed to Provide Service to Essential Personnel
Barbershops and salons in Maryland are now allowed to provide service to essential personnel, according to new guidance from the state of Maryland.
• The services performed must be necessary for the customer to meet grooming standards established by the customer’s employer.
• Appointments must be made (no walk-ins) and only one customer is allowed to enter at a time.
• Customers must provide the barbershop/salon with written documentation of employer’s grooming standards.
• Both the customer and barbershop/salon employee must wear face coverings.
• After each customer, the barbershop/salon must clean and disinfect the area where services were performed.
• The barbershop/salon must obtain telephone contact information for each customer. If any staff of the barbershop/salon tests positive for COVID-19, the barbershop/salon must promptly notify any customers who received services within a 14 day period preceding the positive test result.
Full order can be found here.