Great Wolf Lodge, North America’s largest family of indoor water park resorts, will be opening its newest resort in Perryville, MD (located in Cecil County, northeast of Baltimore City) in August 2023. Great Wolf Lodge Maryland will be the company’s 20th resort in North America, and their largest. It will offer 700 family-friendly suites, a 126,000-square-foot indoor water park, a 57,000 square-foot entertainment center, and 12,000 square-feet of conference space. Perryville is about 70 miles and a little less than an hour and a half away from most parts of MoCo. The company has recently released additional information about the water park and is offering a 25% discount on reservations.
Per the press release: Careening down slides, jumping over waves, floating down a lazy river, and getting drenched by a thousand gallons of water cascading from a giant tipping bucket are a few of the water-filled adventures families will discover at the all-new Great Wolf Lodge Maryland. The indoor water park is the marquee attraction at Great Wolf Lodge, and the water park planned for the company’s Maryland resort will be the largest Great Wolf Lodge has ever built. The water park at Great Wolf Lodge Maryland will offer more than 128,000 square feet of enclosed fun with slides, pools and water play for all ages, and a cozy 84-degree temperature year-round.
The indoor water park will feature nearly two-dozen different water slide, catering to a variety of ages and thrill levels. The line-up of water park experiences coming to Great Wolf Lodge Maryland includes two rides making their Great Wolf Lodge debut, High Paw Holler and Forest Flume. New slides for Great Wolf Lodge Maryland include:
- High Paw Holler: This body slide mimics the sensation felt racing down a ski slope, with constant excitement and anticipation for the next turn or drop. Riders surge through a dark tunnel and rocket onto a saucer, accelerating before experiencing a “drop and dive” sensation as they race along the outer wall. The slide continues with some twists and turns before splashing down into water filled runout.
- Forest Flume: This body slide accelerates riders through open flumes into back-to-back turns, 360 loops, and high-banking loops. The twisty curves and quick acceleration provide an exhilarating ride from top to bottom. Stretching nearly 275-feet, this is the longest Twister slide that slide manufacturer ProSlide has installed in the state of Maryland.
Additional waterpark attractions include:
• Otter Cave Waterworks: Great Wolf Lodge’s signature, multi-level water play structure featuring suspension bridges, slides and spray stations. Atop Otter Cave Waterworks sits a massive, 1,000-gallon tipping bucket that pours out every three-to-four minutes to the glee of children waiting below. Attached to the play structure are 6 water slides, including 4 twisting body slides that originate from the top of the structure and 2 at a lower level designed for a more leisurely ride.
- Chesapeake Plunge: This raft ride takes guests on a twisting, gliding adventure of a lifetime. Chesapeake Plunge sends riders careening through dipping, bending curves of a river of fun.
- Wolf Tail: A thrill-seekers delight. Guests step into a launch pod and listen to the rhythmic sound of a heartbeat as they wait for the floor to drop out from underneath, hurling them into a nearly vertical, 20-foot free fall, followed immediately by two 360-degree, high-speed loops.
- Rapid Racer: This single or double-person tube slide is sure to unlock that racing spirit. Riders begin the race side-by-side and then speed down a course featuring drops, chutes and serpentine curves. As riders wind their way down, they encounter two sections of the course where they find themselves side-by-side with their competitor with only a low wall separating racers.
- River Canyon Run: A rollicking family raft ride that sends up to five riders on a white-water adventure into a saucer and down one of the park’s longest slides. With no steep drops, this a great beginner slide for younger kids, or thrill-adverse parents.
- Otter Run: A body slide sloping straightaways and quick turns that provides an exhilarating experience guests will want to do over and over again.
- Slap Tail Pond: A family favorite. The audio cue of a howling wolf brings this gigantic wave pool to life with waves reaching up to three feet in height. The active surf rolls through every five minutes, to the giggling delight of every child in the pool.
- Crooked Creek: A reprieve from the more active attractions in the waterpark, guests can relax and float on tubes down this winding lazy river in the middle of the park.
- Chinook Cove: Activity pool featuring basketball hoops, floating obstacles, and other action- oriented elements for children.
- Big Foot Pass: Unique water obstacle challenge where kids and adults alike balance on floating logs and lily pads while traversing the pool. Cargo netting hangs down to help guests cross from one side to the other.
- Whooping Hollow: A special section of the waterpark designed exclusively for toddlers and younger guests. This play pool is filled with perfectly sized water slides featuring gentle slopes and tiny turns, making them the go-to attractions for the “under 42 inches” set.
The resort will also feature a stunning outdoor, zero-entry, pool and hot tub surrounded by luxurious outdoor cabanas so families can relax and enjoy the Mid-Atlantic summer weather. An overnight stay at Great Wolf Lodge Maryland includes two days of indoor water park fun – with access starting after 1pm on check-in day and the ability to stay until the park closes on the day of check-out. Standard rates start at $199.99 per night. To celebrate the upcoming grand opening, Great Wolf Lodge is offering a special discount of 25 percent off standard rates for stays through December 14, 2023. Guests must reserve their suite before February 1, 2023, to qualify for the offer, and can book by visiting greatwolf.com or by calling 1-888-983-WOLF (9653) and using the promo code, GRAND.*
Great Wolf Lodge Maryland is situated on 48 acres on the western edge of Cecil County, providing families from Baltimore, Philadelphia, Wilmington and the Washington D.C. area with a convenient and fun-filled family getaway. For more information on Great Wolf Resorts and its brands of indoor water park resorts, visit greatwolf.com.