Burtonsville: Cell Phone Dropped Into Printing Press Causes Fire With an Estimated $50,000 in Damage

by Patrick Herron
'

Over 25 firefighters responded to House of Printing Inc (15401 Old Columbia Pike, Burtonsville) after a cell phone was dropped into a printing press wand started a fire, according to Chief Spokesperson for MCFRS Pete Piringer.

The incident occurred around 2pm on Friday afternoon. There were no injuries reported.

Piringer reports that the cell phone was accidentally dropped into an ‘operating’ printing press and the battery was damaged which then ignited combustibles (paper).

Howard County and Prince George’s County firefighters assisted at the scene.

Damage is estimated to be around $50,000.

You may also like

Leave a Comment

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

Privacy & Cookies Policy