Recently, we were invited to a tasting event at Poyoteca, located in Fallsgrove. Poyoteca is best known for their Peruvian Chicken (cooked using a secret family recipe), but they also have a wide range of side dishes, salads, sandwiches, burritos, desserts, and more on their menu.
The Fallsgrove location of Poyoteca opened up for the first time in the midst of COVID, back in July. The two owners, Fernando and Juan Sanchez, are brothers who were born in Peru, but raised in Rockville. They currently have one other Poyoteca location in Baltimore’s Inner Harbor.
When we visited, we had a chance to taste a range of their menu items. Pictured, you’ll see:
- Whole chicken with brussels sprouts & arrots, arroz chaufa (fried rice), choclo sweet corn, and yucca fries
- Lomo saltado (Peruvian style beef tenderloin stir fry)
- Avocado Passion Salad
- Alfajores (Peruvian cookies)
- Tres leches dessert
We also learned about some weekly specials that they offer:
● Tres Leches Mondays (complimentary housemade tres leches dessert with any meal purchase)
● Taco Tuesdays (complimentary tortillas with any meal purchase)
● Drink On Us Wednesdays (complimentary housemade horchata or fountain drink with any meal purchase)