Chevy Chase Library Evacuated After Smoke is Reported Inside the Building; No Fire Evident

by MCS Staff

The Chevy Chase Library, located at 8005 Connecticut Ave near Chevy Chase Lake Drive, was evacuated due to a report of smoke inside the building.

Upon arrival, Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Services (MCFRS) saw that there was no fire evident, but a an overheated and burned up water pump motor in the basement was the cause of the smoke in the building. Smoke is being cleared as of 10:15am and there are no injuries following the evacuation of the building.


You may also like

Leave a Comment


This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

Privacy & Cookies Policy