Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Services (MCFRS) were called to the scene of a vehicle fire in the garage of an ‘end of the row’ townhome on Clarksburg Square Rd shortly before 2pm on Sunday afternoon.
According to MCFRS Chief Spokesperson Pete Piringer, the fire started in the vehicle, which was located in the garage. The fire remained contained to the garage because the garage door and the door from the garage leading into the home remained closed. The occupants of the home called 911 after smelling smoke. There were no sprinklers in the garage and not enough smoke in the home to activate the detector. The cause was likely a mechanical vehicle malfunction after use. Damage is estimated at approximately $75K and there were no injuries and no displacement.
Update – Clarksburg Square Rd, EOR TH w/ garage; Origin/Cause, ground level garage, vehicle, likely vehicle mechanical malfunction (after use), fire involved room & some contents (confined to garage) NOTE: residents smelled smoke, called 911; Damage ~$75K; no inj, no displacement https://t.co/DeZfwmNnkV pic.twitter.com/n33MoooXUh
— Pete Piringer (@mcfrsPIO) January 22, 2023