Per Montgomery County: Montgomery County Executive Marc Elrich will hold six “community conversations” at sites around the County in April and May to talk about long-term priorities and how he will address the Fiscal Year 2025 Capital Improvements Program (CIP) budget. The first event will be from 7-8:30 p.m. on Wednesday, April 12, at the White Oak Community Recreation Center in Silver Spring. Five of the community conversations will be in-person events. On May 1, the community conversation will be a virtual only event.
A capital budget plan that states how much money is needed for major construction projects and for purchase and maintenance of the assets. It also determines the amount of time that will be used for the planning and design of the project. The CIP refers to items such as land, buildings, equipment and other investments in the County. The capital budget addresses planning for long-term major projects. It differs from the County operating budget, which funds spending needs for a one-year period.
The community conversation events will address how the County Government will make decisions on major projects such as the construction of public schools, building swimming pools, transportation improvements, improvements to sidewalks, improvements to local parks, building parking garages and establishing childcare centers.
The schedule and sites for the FY25 Capital Budget community conversations:
- Wednesday, April 12. 7-8:30 p.m. In-person event. Conversation for the Eastern County. White Oak Community Recreation Center. 1700 April Lane, Silver Spring.
- Monday, April 17. 7-8:30 p.m. In-person event. Conversation for Silver Spring Region. Silver Spring Civic Building (Spring Room). 1 Veterans Pl., Silver Spring.
- Wednesday, April 19. 7-8:30 p.m. In-person event. Conversation for Bethesda-Chevy Chase Region. Bethesda-Chevy Chase Regional Services Center (East-West Room). 4805 Edgemoor Lane, Bethesda.
- Monday, April 24. 7-8:30 p.m. In-person event. Conversation for the UpCounty Region. Sidney Kramer UpCounty Regional Services, 12900 Middlebrook Rd, Suite 1000, Germantown.
- Wednesday, April 26. 7-8:30 p.m. In-person event. Conversation for the Mid-County Region. Wheaton Community Recreation Center. 11701 Georgia Ave., Silver Spring,
- Monday, May 1. 7-8:30 p.m. Virtual event. Details to be announced.