Per MCPS: Key leaders in education, law enforcement, health services, and drug use prevention advocates will gather to speak to an alarming rise in Illegal Opioid use, especially Fentanyl, in our youth. Data is showing not only a rise in overdose cases but a rise in death rates. These are dangerous trends that parents and students must be aware of.
Multiple county agency leaders discuss the rise in the use and availability of illegal opioids, often laced with Fentanyl, and the alarming rise in overdose cases, including those resulting in death. This will take place on Thursday, January 19th at 3pm at the Carver Educational Services Center, 850 Hungerford Dr. Rockville MD, 20850 (Auditorium) also hybrid via Zoom https://mcpstv-org.zoom.us/j/84524812357?pwd=Z1FFSkFLa1lMYUs1Qk9YMTJJam9kUT09
- Ms. Karla Silvestre, President, Montgomery County Board of Education
- Dr. Monifa B. McKnight, Superintendent of Schools
- Marcus Jones, Chief of the Montgomery County Police Department
- John McCarthy, States Attorney Montgomery County
- Elena Suarez, mother of Collette Russ, class of 2019, SOUL (Surviving Our Ultimate Loss)
- Dr. Patricia Kapunan, MCPS School System Medical Officer (virtual)