Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Services (MCFRS) were called to the scene of a fire on the 100 block of E Melbourne Ave off of Sudbury Rd in Silver Spring at approximately 2:30am on Saturday, according to MCFRS Chief Spokesperson Pete Piringer.
The fire was on the second floor and attic of the single family home and started as an electrical fire in the attic. Two occupants and a dog that lived in the home were able to get out without injury while the fire was extinguished. Damage totaled approximately $25K ($10K structural, $15K contents). The two adults and dog will be displaced.
Update – 100blk Melbourne Av, East Silver Spring;Origin/Cause, Electrical fire in attic; Two (2) adults displaced; Damage, total $25K, incl $10K, structure, &15K contents; no injury https://t.co/L4E0y20toI pic.twitter.com/fKislCGcMg
— Pete Piringer (@mcfrsPIO) January 7, 2023