Montgomery College President Jermaine Williams announced last week that masks would become optional starting March 28th.
The full announcement, including exceptions, can be seen below:
Effective Monday, March 28, masks will become optional for students, faculty, staff, contractors, vendors, and visitors inside College buildings and facilities, with the following important exceptions:
- Masks will continue to be required in all classroom settings, including laboratories, learning centers, and other instructional spaces. Instructors may remove their masks while teaching provided they use good judgment to maintain appropriate distance from students.
- While the College does not currently have a distancing requirement, we strongly encourage it.
- Masks will continue to be required in the Center for Early Education.
- Masks will continue to be required on the MC Shuttles.
- Masks should be worn by anyone with symptoms of COVID-19, a positive test, or exposure to someone with COVID-19.
- Unvaccinated persons are asked to wear a mask at all times while in MC buildings.
- Employees and students may ask others to wear masks while gathered in offices or other building spaces; we appreciate everyone’s respectful courtesy in these situations.
Featured photo courtesy of Montgomery College