Electric Scooter Caused Fire at Apartment Complex on Friday Afternoon

by MCS Staff

Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Services (MCFRS) were called to the scene of a fire at the Twin Towers apartment complex on Fidler Lane and Georgia Avenue in Silver Spring a little after 2pm on Friday afternoon, according to MCFRS Public Information Officers Pete Piringer and James Carpenter.

Crews arrived at the 17-story residential building to find a fire on the 14th floor. According to Piringer, one adult patient is being evaluated as a priority 1 trauma patient with serious injuries/burns. The person was injured when they attempted to move an electric scooter that caught on fire while it was charging in the living room of the home. After sustaining burns, the person exited the apartment and closed the door behind them. A total of three patients were evaluated, and occupants from two units have been displaced. Approximately $50K in damages incurred. The cause of the scooter fire is believed to be a malfunction/failure of the scooter battery.



You may also like

Leave a Comment


This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

Privacy & Cookies Policy