Electrical Fault Sparks Wheaton St. Patrick’s Day Attic Fire

by Cordell Pugh
'

Electrical Fault Sparks Wheaton St. Patrick’s Day Attic Fire

Photo Courtesy Montgomery County Fire & Rescue Chief Spokesperson Pete Piringer

Shortly after 9PM on Wednesday, Montgomery County Career Firefighters along with Volunteer Firefighters from the Kensington Volunteer Fire Department, Rockville Volunteer Fire Department, and Wheaton Volunteer Rescue Squad responded to a reported house fire in the 2800 block of Parker Avenue in Wheaton.

Responders arrived and found fire showing from the attic and roof of a one story house. Their response was delayed, however, because the fire burned undetected until a passerby spotted it and called 911.

According to Montgomery County Fire & Rescue Chief Spokesperson Pete Piringer, the fire was sparked by faulty electrical wiring in the attic above the front door. The fire was estimated to have caused $200,000 in damage.

'

You may also like

Leave a Comment

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

Privacy & Cookies Policy