Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Services responded to a house fire on Shining Willow Dr in Travilah around 4:30 on Wednesday.
The fire began on the home’s rear porch and was likely caused by improperly discarded smoking materials, according to Chief Spokesperson for MCFRS Pete Piringer.
Fifty firefighters responded to the scene and no injuries were reported.
Damages are estimated to be around $125,000.
Update (430p 2/23) 10207 Shining Willow Dr, Travilah; house fire; Cause, (likely) improperly discarded smoking materials; Area of Origin, rear porch; Damage ~125K; no injuries; 1 family displaced; ~50 @mcfrs FFs responded; (temp at time of fire 70°) https://t.co/dgxUDINJHt pic.twitter.com/XsNN9Fff4r
— Pete Piringer (@mcfrsPIO) February 23, 2022