Fire Causes ~$100K in Damage; Displaces Three in Potomac

by MCS Staff

Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Services (MCFRS) were called to the 10400 block of Heathside Way in the Glen Club neighborhood of Potomac for a fire on the second floor of a townhouse at approximately 3pm on Friday.

According to MCFRS Chief Spokesperson Pete Piringer, the fire extended to the attic but the occupants of the home were able to get out of the home. A cat that was in the home was also able to escape. Per piringer, the fire started when a 2nd floor bathroom fan (vent) caught nearby combustibles on fire. There were no injuries, but approximately $100k in damage (~$75k structural and ~$25k contents). Three adults and the cat have been displaced and the Red Cross is assisting.

'

You may also like

Leave a Comment

'

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

Privacy & Cookies Policy