Firefighter, Two Occupants Injured in Friday Afternoon Fire; Approximately $300K in Damage

by MCS Staff

Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Services (MCFRS) were called to the scene of a 2-alarm fire on Westlake Drive near Montgomery Mall on Friday afternoon.

According to MCFRS Chief Spokesperson Pete Piringer, crews arrived to find heavy smoke on the second floor of the apartment complex. As of 4:45pm most of the fire had been knocked down with several crews on the scene. Firefighters rescued and assisted several occupants and additional EMS units were called to the scene.

The fire was caused by a stovetop cooking mishap that caused clothing to be ignited and then discarded, which led to combustibles catching on fire. 1 firefighter and two civilians were injured and hospitalized with non life-threatening injuries. There was approximately $300K in damage.


You may also like

Leave a Comment


This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

Privacy & Cookies Policy