A house fire that originated in a second story bedroom of a Wheaton home due to improperly discarded smoking materials led to Montgomery County Fire & Rescue services doing an amazing job making rescues.
One mobility-challenged adult was rescued from the basement, a developmentally-challenged adult was rescued from the second floor, and a dog (seen in the photo below) was also rescued from the second floor.
Damage is estimated to be around $12k, but everyone is doing fine. Great work!
Photos courtesy of Pete Piringer