Germantown House Fire Likely Caused by Improperly Discarded Smoking Materials; $50K in Damage

by Patrick Herron

Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Services (MCFRS) responded to a house fire in the 11500 blk of Brundidge Terrace, near Brandermill Drive in Germantown on Thursday, June 1 around 6pm. According to Chief Spokesperson for MCFRS Pete Piringer, the fire originated along the base of a fence and was likely caused by improperly discarded smoking materials. Damage is estimated to be ~$50K and there were no injuries reported. Piringer reminds residents, “Tossing your butt off the deck may seem like the easiest way to get rid of a ‘lit’ cigarette, but it can also be the easiest way to start a fire. Don’t be a flicker.”

We will post an update if additional information becomes available.
Per @mcfrsPIO on Twitter: “(~620p) 11500 Brundidge Terrace near Brandermill Drive, Germantown, EOR TH, fire in walls w/ extension, FFs assisted occupants out, @mcfrs  PE734, PE729, T734, PE708, PE735, PAT708, RS729, M729, BC703, BC704, SA700, PE731, EMS703, T731, AT703, A735, ALS708 on scene”


You may also like

Leave a Comment


This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

Privacy & Cookies Policy