Governor Hogan Announces Everyone 16+ is Now Eligible To Get Vaccinated at Any MD Mass Vax Site (and Notes From Governor Hogan’s 4/5 Press Conference)
Our regular note taker is not available for this press conference so we are using tweets from Kata Hall, Governor Hogan’s Deputy Communications Director.
• The State of Maryland has reached several milestones in our #COVID19 vaccination campaign:
-first day over 75,000 vaccinations
-3 million total vaccinations
-averaging 61,331 shots per day
-over 76% of Marylanders over 65 and over 42% age 18 and older have been vaccinated
• ACCELERATION OF VACCINE ELIGIBILITY. @GovLarryHogan announces all Marylanders 16 and older can get vaccinated at *any of the state’s mass vax sites* beginning tomorrow morning.
By Monday 4/12, Marylanders age 16 and older will be eligible for a vaccine from *all providers.*
• NOTE: Marylanders 16 or 17 years of age will only be able to utilize clinics that are providing the Pfizer vaccine, as it is the only vaccine that is currently approved by the FDA for ages 16 and older.
• UPDATE ON MASS VAX SITES. Three new mass vaccination sites are opening this week:
-FEMA site at the Greenbelt Metro Station (Prince George’s)
-Maryland State Fairgrounds (Baltimore Co)
-Montgomery College Campus in Germantown (Montgomery)
• Next week, two new sites are opening:
-Frederick Community College (Frederick Co)
-Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium (Anne Arundel)
• We are opening a mass vaccination site at Ripken Stadium (Harford) the week of April 19, and at the Mall in Columbia (Howard) immediately after that.
• NO-APPOINTMENT LINE. Friday, we launched a no-appointment, walk-up line at the mass vax site in Salisbury.
Tomorrow, we will be launching a no-appointment line at the Hagerstown site, and next week at M&T Bank Stadium in Baltimore City.
• Pre-registration continues to be the best, easiest, and fastest way to reserve an appointment and to ensure that a vaccine is available to you.