Hand Sanitizer and Cigarette Causes Vehicle Fire in Rockville
A vehicle fire at Federal Plaza on Rockville Pike (the shopping center with Silver Diner and Trader Joe’s) was started when the driver used hand sanitizer while smoking a cigarette.
Montgomery County Fire & Rescue PIO Pete Piringer warns that a combination like that in an unventilated area like a car is a bad combination.
The fire was put out by MCFRS units and was contained to the one vehicle. The damage was enough for a total loss of the car and the adult driver was transported to the hospital with non-life threatening minor burns.
Photos and information courtesy of Pete Piringer