Heated Cat House Causes Fire on Monday Night

by MCS Staff

Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Services (MCFRS) were called to the scene of a fire on the 12000 block of Saw Mill Ct. off of Shorefield Dr. In Wheaton-Glenmont. at approximately 11:15 on Monday night.

According to our public safety reporter Cordell Pugh, crews arrived on the scene of an “Outside-In fire” that started on the deck of the townhome and extended up the rear of the home and into the attic of the home. The origin of the fire was an electrical malfunction of a heated cat house that was located on the deck behind the home. Approximately $300k of damages were incurred. Two adults, one child, and one cat were displaced and there were no injuries.


You may also like

Leave a Comment


This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

Privacy & Cookies Policy