House Fire Caused By Unattended Candle Last Night in Kemp Mill

by Patrick Herron
'

House Fire Caused By Unattended Candle Last Night in Kemp Mill

Chief Spokesperson for Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Pete Piringer reports that a fire caused by an unattended candle caused more than $200,000 in damages to a home last night in the 400 block of Hannes St. at Northwood Forest in Kemp Mill.

The candle was located in the basement and ignited linen, shelving covers, and other combustible materials. Piringer noted that one sleeping occupant escaped the house by jumping out of a bedroom window. The home reportedly did not have any smoke detectors.

 

'

You may also like

Leave a Comment

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

Privacy & Cookies Policy