House Fire Started by Overheating Bathroom Ceiling Fan Causes ~$275K in Damage

by Patrick Herron

Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Services (MCFRS) responded to a fire at a single-family home in the 200 blk of Ashley Manor Dr in Rockville around 10:30pm on Wednesday, March 22. According to Chief Spokesperson for MCFRS Pete Piringer, the cause of the fire was a bathroom ceiling exhaust fan that overheated. Around 60 firefighters responded to the scene and there were no injuries reported. Damage is estimated to be ~$275K and two adults have been displaced. We will post an update when additional information is available. Photo courtesy of @liem__s on Instagram.

Per @mcfrsPIO on Twitter: “200blk Ashley Manor Dr,(3/22 initial dispatch 1030p); single family house; fire contained to attic/roof; Origin/Cause, bathroom ceiling exhaust fan, probable fan motor overheated (fire extended to attic); Damage ~$275K; 2 adults displaced; no injury; ~60 FFs responded”


You may also like

Leave a Comment


This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

Privacy & Cookies Policy