Per Montgomery County: Seven featured films will be screened on Saturday, Nov. 19, as the Gaithersburg Arts Barn hosts its Independent Film Night. The screenings will begin at 7:30 p.m., with a question and answer session with the films’ creators following each. The Arts Barn is located at 311 Kent Square Rd. in Gaithersburg. Admission for the evening is $15. Tickets can be purchased here. The film night is recommended for ages 13 and older. Concessions will be sold before the film screenings and during intermission
Featured films will include:
- Leaf Me Alone by Dan Verkman. A failing Baltimore leaf removal company implements customer surveys following customer complaints and proceeds to drive their customers crazy with them via e-mails, robocallers, personal visits and a military strike team.
- Do You Have ICE? by Dan Verkman. ICE Agents are conducting surveillance in pursuit of a “wanted” man. However, because of signage updates to make the agency “cool,” their surveillance is interrupted by patrons of a local cowboy academy, who think they are selling ice.
- The Death of Anne Brontë by Kathleen Barth. Anne Brontë fights through her ravaging tuberculosis to write her third novel. Anne’s older sister, Charlotte, seizes Anne’s manuscript and orders her to rest.
- The Distanced by Justin Timpane. Across time and space, sarcastic performer Manny becomes involved in an unlikely romance with Heather, a single mom who, like Manny, finds herself trapped in a quantum bubble time loop, isolated from the rest of humankind. With nothing but time and each other, can Manny and Heather survive this quantum isolation, or will they remain “The Distanced?”
- Borderline by Alladin Hidar. A man’s daily routine slowly disappears as his life slowly goes down the drain.
- Searching by Juan Morales. The woman of a man’s dreams slowly drifts away from him, as he discovers a new young woman.
- A Good Night’s Rest by Tejan Sesay. A couple tosses and turns in bed due to a menacing disturbance in their room, which they try to control, but can’t.
The Arts Barn Independent Film Night is funded in part by a grant from the Maryland State Arts Council (MSAC). To discover more about MSAC grants and how they impact Maryland’s arts sector, visit www.msac.org.