While Lakeforest mall and its anchor stores have been purchased by WRS Inc., a real estate investment firm based out of South Carolina, redevelopment of the site has yet to begin and close to 40 stores/kiosks are still open for business inside. Since our last update in April:
- Macy’s has added a Toy’s “R” Us store-in-store shop.
- LensCrafters has relocated to Rio.
- Claire’s has relocated to Gaithersburg Square.
- Charley’s Cheesesteaks has announced it will be opening a location nearby at 405 N Frederick Ave (recently home to Teriyaki Express) and that the Lakeforest location would close.
- Pollo Campero will be relocating to a new location at 426 N Frederick Rd (the former site of KFC) on September 12.
- Spencer Gifts announced it will be closing on September 24.
Below is a list of what was open, and a few photos, from when we stopped by on August 28, 2022.
- Charley’s Philly Steaks
- Kelly’s Cajun Grill
- Nori Japan
- Pollo Campero
- 777 Foot Spa
- Bath & Bodyworks
- Beautiful U (eyebrows, waxing)
- Best Medicine Rx (theater group)
- Cell Fix (kiosk)
- Central Newsstand (closed when we stopped by but appeared to still be in business)
- Champs Sports
- Finish Line
- French Perfume
- Home Décor & More (by appointment only)
- Photo Forever
- Phone Repair Lab (kiosk)
- Rainbow (clothing)
- Spencer Gifts
- Test America
- Time Out Zone II (mini arcade)
- Z Planet
- Walden Jewelers
- AmeriGo (car and RV rentals)
- Braiding Center
- Essie Allen (closed when we stopped by but appeared to still be in business)
- JW Event Center (party rentals)
- Macy’s / Macy’s Backstagre
- New Passion Nail Spa
- So What Else (food and resource charity)
- Style One (closed when we stopped by but appears to still be in business)
- Trade My Cell
- USI: United Security Incorporated