Landon School, a private, college prep school for boys located at 6101 Wilson Ln in Bethesda, will be relocating a historic, 80+ year old building on their campus on Wednesday, August 31. According to the school, “It is a massive undertaking and preparations have been underway for the last several months to make sure the building, which was built more than 80 years ago, is properly preserved and prepared for the move.” Montgomery County based Coakley & Williams Construction is handling the move. A time lapse of the construction can be seen below.
About the building, courtesy of Landon School:
- Andrews House sold in 1917 to Landon graduate, James Andrews ’32
- Purchased by school founders Mary Lee and Paul Landon Banfield in 1936 when the school moved from McLean estate grounds to our current location at 6101 Wilson Lane
- The building started off as a dormitory
- It currently is home to several admin offices, the senior lounge, and still serves as on campus housing for some faculty members
- Andrews House is a three-story Tudor stone style home