Lightning Strike Causes Fire at Potomac Home

by MCS Staff

A Potomac family heard a loud bang and subsequent pop late last night before smelling smoke and seeing it come out of the mud room next to their garage.

Once they opened the door to the garage their fire alarms went off due to a fire started by a lightning strike.
They were met by a wall of fire, but were all able to make it out safely.
There was $500K worth of damage and the family was displaced from the Meadow Farm Drive home, but luckily everyone is ok.
Photo and information courtesy of MCFRSPIO, Pete Piringer.
'

You may also like

Leave a Comment

'

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

Privacy & Cookies Policy