List of Goverment Closures on President’s Day
For Immediate Release: Wednesday, February 10, 2021
The Montgomery County Government will observe the following schedule changes for the Presidents Day holiday, which will be observed on Monday, Feb. 15:
- County offices – Closed.
- State offices and courts – Closed.
- Libraries – Closed.
- Alcohol Beverage Services (ABS) – All stores open from noon-5 p.m.
- Recreation—Aquatic facilities open for reservations as scheduled. All other Recreation facilities remain closed for COVID-19 safety precautions. Virtual programs are available on the Montgomery County Recreation website.
- Montgomery Parks—Visit MontgomeryParks.org.
– Open Parkways initiative extended through 4 p.m. on Monday, 15.
– Portions of Sligo Creek Parkway and Beach Drive will be open to pedestrians and bicyclists for exercise and recreation from 9 a.m. on Friday, Feb. 12, through 4 p.m. on Monday, Feb. 15.
– Open: Parks, trails, gardens, playgrounds, dog parks, skate parks, outdoor tennis/pickleball courts.
– Open: Virtual and Outdoor programming (advanced registration required).
– Open: Little Bennett Campground
– Outdoor campfire ring rentals are available at several locations.
– Closed: Montgomery Parks’ Headquarters, Customer Service and Permit Offices.
– Closed: Brookside GardensVisitor Center (closed through Feb. 28). Gardens open sunrise to sunset.
– Closed (until spring): Indoor nature facilities– Black Hill Visitor Center, Brookside Nature Center, Locust Grove Nature Center, Maydale Nature Classroom and Meadowside Nature Center.
- Ride On/ Ride On extRa / Flash Service – Operating on weekday schedule(click on a route number).
- Ride On Flex – Not in operation due to health crisis.
- Metrorail and Metrobus – Information available here.
- MARC Train and Commuter Bus – Information available at maryland.gov/marc-holiday-service.
- TRiPS Commuter Storeat Silver Spring Transit Center – Open 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
- TRiPS Mobile Commuter Store– Closed.
- Parking at public garages, lots, curbside meters – Free.
- County-provided refuse/recycling pickup—Trash and recycling will not be collected by County-operated service on Monday, Feb. 15. After the holiday, County-provided recycling and trash collections will slide to be collected one day later than normal. The last collection will be on Saturday, Feb. 20.
- Shady Grove Processing Facility and Transfer Station–Open from 7 a.m.-5 p.m. However, County administrative office will be closed.
# # #