Personal-finance website WalletHub released its report on 2021’s Most & Least Diverse States in America.
Maryland ranked as the 7th most diverse state in America on the list for the fourth year in a row. Our neighbor Virginia ranked 12th, while California came in 1st.
To determine where the most idea and identity exchanges have occurred at the highest level in the U.S. — and where the population is relatively more homogeneous — WalletHub compared the 50 states across six key categories: socio-economic, cultural, economic, household, religious and political diversity.
Diversity in Maryland (1=Most Diverse, 25=Avg.):
- 10th – Income Diversity
- 4th – Educational-Attainment Diversity
- 5th – Racial & Ethnic Diversity
- 15th – Linguistic Diversity
- 9th – Birthplace Diversity
- 5th – Worker-Class Diversity*
- 26th – Marital-Status Diversity
- 25th – Generational Diversity
- 9th – Household-Size Diversity
- 30th – Religious Diversity
*Includes civilian employed population aged 16 and older
For the full report, please visit: