Maryland Opens Pre-Registration to Phase 3 Today and More Notes From Governor Hogan’s 4/1 Press Conference
Notes are paraphrased.
• MD has administered 2,760,176 Covid19 vaccines. More than 140,000 in past 48 hours. Average is over 57,000 shots per day.
• MD is doing sequencing testing for variants at one of the highest levels in the country. There have been 677 cases of Covid19 variants in Maryland (86% are the UK variant)
• Variants are driving an increase in new infections and hospitalizations, particularly among younger people. In MD there has been a similar increase, primarily in Baltimore City and Baltimore County.
• Governor Hogan encourages everyone continue wearing masks.
• The statewide masking order remains in full force and effect.
• Governor Hogan advises against travel to states with high rates and encourages testing once you return if you did travel.
• MD Department of Health is requiring all county health officers to submit finalized equity plans by Monday, April 5.
• MD Department of Health will also provide each county with a targeted list of underserved zip codes and specific congregate facilities to focus on.
• Effective today, MD is immediately opening pre-registration to Phase 3. Everyone age 16 and up can pre-register for an appointment at a mass vax site.
• Anyone eligible under Phase 1 and Phase 2 will continue to be prioritized for appointments.
• Mass vax site opened in MoCo (Germantown) and will transition to state-run site next week.
• Baltimore County mass vax site will open at MD state fairgrounds and at Frederick Community College and Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium in Anne Arundel County the week after that.
• “We still recommend that the best way to ensure you get a vaccine at any of our sites is to pre-register and schedule an appointment.”