Maryland to Give Away $2 Million in Prize Money and Notes From Governor Hogan’s 5/20 Press Conference
Notes courtesy of Governor Hogan’s deputy communications director, Kata D. Hall
• The governor announces a new partnership between @MDLottery and @MDHealthDept to provide $2 million in prize money for Marylanders who get vaccinated against #COVID19.
• From Tuesday, 5/25 through Saturday, July 3, @MDLottery will randomly select and award a $40,000 prize every day to a vaccinated Marylander. That’s 40 drawings over 40 days for the chance to win $40,000 each day.
• On the Fourth of July, a final drawing will be held to award one lucky vaccinated Marylander a grand prize of $400,000. That’s a total of $2 million in prize money for vaccinated Marylanders.
• To win you must be 18 and older, a Maryland resident, and have received a #COVID19 vaccine here in Maryland.
Anyone 18+ who has already been vaccinated in Maryland at any time is also eligible and will automatically be entered to win.
• If you have *not* yet been vaccinated, the sooner you get your shot, the more lottery drawings you will be eligible for.
• All winners will be notified by @MDHealthDept and all funding is being provided from @MDLottery’s Marketing Fund.
• COVID DATA UPDATE:
-7-day positivity rate (2.06%) is lowest it’s been during the pandemic and 8th lowest in America
-Daily positivity rate (1.31%) is also the lowest it’s been during the pandemic
-Case rate (5.5 per 100K) is lowest since April 4, 2020 and 6th lowest in nation
• “If you needed one more good reason, then go out and get vaccinated for your chance to win a share of this $2 million. So remember Maryland—get your shot for a shot to win.”