Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Services (MCFRS) responded to an attic fire in the 18600 blk of Chickadee Ln., off Quail Valley Blvd in Gaithersburg on Monday morning. According to Chief Spokesperson for MCFRS Pete Piringer, the alarm company notified the homeowner, however the alarm/call to fire department was initially cancelled/delayed. The fire was electrical in nature and caused by a bathroom exhaust ceiling fan. The house was unoccupied at the time and damage is estimated to be ~$35K.
Per @mcfrsPIO on Twitter: “Update – Chickadee La, TH, small fire in attic, in area of a exhaust vent fan, fire is out, a little extension around fan, no injuries”
Update (~7a) Chickadee La, Gaithersburg; monitored automatic alarm, TH unoccupied at time, Alarm Co notified resident however, alarm/call to fire department initially cancelled/delayed by homeowner; Origin/Cause, bathroom exhaust ceiling fan, electrical in nature; Damage ~$35K https://t.co/UBr4WqTAPO pic.twitter.com/WUbBj3AvEA
— Pete Piringer (@mcfrsPIO) March 20, 2023