Per Montgomery County Public Schools:
“Dear MCPS Families,
As we enter the exciting time of year known as homecoming we write with a reminder of the importance of demonstrating respect by all spectators attending MCPS athletic events. The R.A.I.S.E. core values of the school district athletics program teach and reinforce respect and sportsmanship, academic excellence, integrity and character, spirited and safe competition, and equity and access. When you attend an MCPS sporting event you are enjoying an exhibition of skills developed by student-athletes in an educational setting. Being in the stands or on the sidelines is just like being in the classroom; respect for your fellow spectators, student-athletes, coaches and referees is the expectation.
You can support these expectations by following these simple guidelines.
- Applaud all student-athletes for their efforts.
- Accept the decisions of officials and coaches.
- Appreciate all participants for their commitment.
- Support school personnel in conducting a spirited and safe contest.
- Maintain composure when something seems to go against your team.
- Respect the rights of other spectators.
- Reward sportsmanlike behavior through cheering.
- Focus attention on the positive aspects of competition.
- Encourage student-athletes by showing enthusiasm and positive recognition. and…
- Demonstrate concern for the safety and welfare of student-athletes and each otherAlso, please comply with our spectator expectations:
- Tickets are purchased through GoFan. Spectators are encouraged to purchase tickets in advance. General admission is $5.00, which includes convenience fee.
- Students should bring their student ID, in order to verify their enrollment
- Middle school students must purchase a ticket and be accompanied by a paying adult or will not be able to attend the event
- Elementary students (10 and under) are admitted free with a paying adult
- Senior citizens over the age of 62 are admitted free
- Be Loud, Be Proud, Be Positive!
We’ll see you at the game.
Montgomery County Public Schools”