MCPS released three proposed calendar options in a memo last week.
Labor Day falls on Monday, September 5th, in fall 2022.
All calendar options must follow state law. The parameters for mandatory closures can be seen below:
• Tuesday, November 8, 2022: Election Day
• Thursday/Friday, November 24th and 25th:l, 2022: Thanksgiving and the day after
• Saturday, December 24th, 2022 through Sunday January 1st, 2023 (Christmas Eve through New Year’s Day)
• Monday, January 16th, 2023: Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
• Monday, February 20th, 2023: Presidents’ Day
• Friday, April 7th, 2023: Friday before Easter
• Monday, April 10th, 2023: Monday after Easter
• Monday, May 29th, 2023: Memorial Day
All three scenarios below include:
• Full length Spring Break (six total non-instructional days, one full week plus the Monday after Easter; and two weekends).
• Contingency Days (all scenarios demonstrate the possibility of modifying the calendar to make up instruction during the year)
• Professional Days (all scenarios return to the previous practice of scheduling a full non-instructional day for professional development and grading and planning time at the end of each quarter.
The three proposed calendars can be seen below: