Back in July we let you know that Miller’s Ale House would be closing permanently on Sunday, September 25th, after approximately a decade at 1471 Rockville Pike in Rockville. This evening we were told that the restaurant expects to operate at 100% until the last day. The location was previously home to Hooters before it moved across the Pike (and later closed) and Shakey’s before that. Miller’s Ale House is a Florida-based American restaurant and sports bar chain that was founded in 1988. The restaurant serves steaks, chicken, burgers, salads, seafood, and more. Though most of their locations are in Florida (over 50), there are over 30 other locations open across the east coast. Miller’s Ale House has nearby locations in Hyattsville and Sterling, VA locations.
In what was one of our most popular articles of the summer, over 500 readers chimed in with comments on the impending closure. Comments, which were mostly positive, included:
- “As a restaurant owner I understand their decision based on new building owners rent increase and an expiring lease. Rockville needs an Outback and this might be a perfect location with good parking and an ever increasing business population in the area.”
- “We went with friends quite often. Always had a good meal. Their ribs were delicious.”
- “Only went there about once a year, but I like it. Beer was cold food good.”
- “Had it really been 10 years?! I still refer to it as “that new bar that replaced Hooters.” I feel old.”
- “I am so bummed. This was our go to spot…”
Back in March 2022 the building was made available for lease, but at the time we were told that Miller’s Ale House had no plans to close. According to the listing, the 8,100 SF restaurant is available at the price of $52 per SF. Per the listing, Freestanding building totaling 8,100± SF with large window line PLEASE DO NOT DISTURB TENANT NNN charges (CAM + Taxes) = $9.41 PSF (2022 estimates) Common Area Maintenance (CAM) = $3.63/SF/year (CAM includes insurance; tenant pays trash & recycling and provide their own onsite landscaping) (2022 estimate) Real Estate Taxes = $5.78/SF/year (2022 estimates):
- Lease rate does not include utilities, property expenses or building services
- Fully Built Out as a Restaurant or Café Space
- Space is an outparcel at this property
- Windows open to allow for indoor/outdoor setting
- Prominent pylon signage along Rockville Pike
Featured photo courtesy of Google Maps.
What happened to Miller’s Ale House in Las Vegas,Nv?