D.C. United have selected Georgetown University midfielder Aidan Rocha with the 60th overall pick (Third Round) in the 2023 MLS Draft. Rocha is a MoCo native (Brookeville) and attended St. John’s College High School before heading to Georgetown. Rocha scored five goals and recorded six assists in 69 appearances (52 starts) for Georgetown University from 2019 to 2022. In 2022, he scored three goals and recorded three assists in 20 appearances.
- Rocha was the BIG EAST Midfielder of the Year and named First Team All-BIG EAST, in the postseason he earned a spot on the BIG EAST All-Tournament Team.
- The local product was named First Team All-East Region by the United Soccer Coaches.
- He started in all 20 games he appeared in this past season and ranked fourth on the squad in scoring with three goals and as many assists for nine points.
- The team captain had a pair of game winners on the season.
- He transitioned to the midfield early this past season after beginning on the backline, his presence was immediately felt as the team went on a run.
- Rocha is graduating from Georgetown this month with a philosophy degree.
Player: Aidan Rocha
Selection: 60th overall pick (3rd round) in the 2023 MLS SuperDraft.
Birthplace: Brookeville, MD
Country: United States
Weight: 155 lbs