Fall special events hosted by Montgomery County Recreation this fall include:
- Saturday, Oct. 15. Noon-3 p.m. Chevy Chase Fall Festival. Jane E. Lawton Community Recreation Center, 4301 Willow Lane, Chevy Chase. Activities include a pumpkin patch, moon bounce, face painting and games. Free for all ages.
- Saturday, Oct. 22 Pumpkin Derby. A Pumpkin Derby is a unique, side-by-side race featuring handcrafted, decorated Pumpkin Racers in a funky, hilarious, suspenseful and dramatic display of ingenuity. Bring your pumpkins already decorated. Registration is required with a program fee of $20. With your registration, you can pick up racer kits at the Mid-County or Ross Boddy community recreation centers. Events will take place at 10 a.m. at the Mid-County Community Recreation Center at 2004 Queensguard Rd. in Silver Spring and at 11:30 a.m. at the Ross Boddy Community Recreation Center at 18529 Brooke Rd. in Sandy Spring.
- Saturday, Oct. 22. 11:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m. Fall Festival at North Potomac. Nancy H. Dacek North Potomac Community Recreation Center, 13850 Travilah Rd., Rockville. Celebrate at this annual fall festival. Registration is required.
- Saturday, Oct. 22. 4-6 p.m. Coffield Family Fall Festival. Gwendolyn. E. Coffield Community Recreation Center, Lyttonsville Road, Silver Spring. Ghouls and goblins will greet attendees dressed in Halloween costumes. Prizes will be awarded. Enjoy games, a dance party and treats.
- Saturday, Oct. 22. 4-7 p.m. Trunk or Treat. Marilyn J. Praisner Community Recreation Center, 14906 Old Columbia Pike, Burtonsville. Join trick-or-treating, a costume contest and arts and crafts. Planning to decorate your vehicle. Register by Friday, Oct. 14.
- Various dates: Floating Pumpkin Patch. Ever picked a pumpkin in a swimming pool? For $5 per person, children ages 2-12 will have the chance to swim around to pick a pumpkin and then decorate it. Events will take place at Martin Luther King Jr. Swim Center, 1201 Jackson Rd., Silver Spring from 4:30-6 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 22; Olney Swim Center, 16605 Georgia Ave., Olney, from 7:30-9 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 29; and at the Eunice Kennedy and Sargeant Shriver Aquatic Center, 5900 Executive Blvd., North Bethesda, from 10-11:30 a.m. on Saturday, Oct. 29, and Sunday, Oct. 30.
- Saturday, Oct. 29. 6:30-9:30 p.m. Therapeutic Recreation Saturday Night Social – Halloween Howl Dance. Holiday Park Senior Center, 3950 Ferrara Dr., Wheaton. Annual Halloween costume extravaganza for ages 15-and-over with disabilities. Event will feature a DJ, dancing, games, pizza and other refreshments. Pre-registration is encouraged.
- Sunday Oct 30, 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Masquerade Jazz Brunch. Bauer Drive Community Recreation Center, 14625 Bauer Dr., Rockville. Seniors are welcome to enjoy a wonderful brunch with a festive Halloween twist. Come dressed to impress and ready to dance as you will have an opportunity to enjoy the musical performance by Dick Kaufman and the Glenn Pearson Band. $20 per person.
Registration for events can be completed online at ActiveMONTGOMERY.org. Not all events require registration.