Montgomery County Recreation will open its seven outdoor pools and three indoor aquatic centers on Monday, July 6, 2020 as part of the County’s Phase II reopening. Pools will be open to pass-holders only.
Outdoor pools will open for two-hour sessions of recreational swimming between noon and 8 p.m. seven days a week.
Indoor aquatic centers will open for lap swimming only. The centers will open for two-hour sessions between 6 a.m. and 8 p.m. Monday through Friday, and between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday.
The following procedures will also be in place:
- All patrons two years old and over must use a face covering while on the pool deck, in common areas, and when social distancing is not possible. Face coverings are not required when in the water.
- Family groups are asked to stay together. Individuals and family groups are asked to maintain at least six feet of social distancing from others at all times.
- Pool features including crossing features, saunas, hot tubs and the lazy river will remain closed.
- Fitness rooms in aquatic centers will also remain closed.
- All wading pools—also known as baby pools or tot pools—will remain closed.
- Slides and diving boards will be available for use.
- For outdoor pools, patrons are encouraged to bring their own chairs or blankets.
- Shared equipment such as kickboards will not be available.
- Restrooms in locker rooms and bath houses will be available. We ask patrons to minimize their time in those areas by coming to the pool in their swim attire and showering at home. Marked alternate exits will be available for those who wish to avoid exiting through the locker rooms and bath houses. Lockers at the aquatic centers, however, will not be available for use. Patrons will have to take their belongings with them on the pool deck and place them in a chair assigned to the lap lane they are using.
Full press release available here.